The Consortium of Universities for Global Health (CUGH) invites CUGH Institutional Members to organize/develop a 3 to 4 speaker panel for up to 90 minutes (allocate 30 minutes to Audience Q&A).To check your institution’s CUGH Membership status, go to:
- powerpoint presentations plus Audience Q&A
- experts’ discussion plus Audience Q&A
- May 15, 2019 – Submission process opens
- August 25, 2019 – Submission process closes
- September 5, 2019 – Submission deadline extended!
- October 9, 2019 – Proposals status announced
- October 24, 2019 – Proposals invited for development must RSVP by this date to hold a session slot on the agenda.
- No exceptions.
Status announcements will be emailed to the proposal author on or about October 9, 2019. Proposal authors who are invited to develop the proposed symposium must RSVP by October 24, 2019 with all of the following information and documents.
- Session Title (with any updates in place)
- 100 word Session Description (with any updates in place)
- Speaker list (with any updates in place)
- Speaker bios for all speakers (up to 150 words)
- Conflict of Interest Disclosure forms signed by all speakers and the moderator(s)
Forms will be sent to the organizers of the panels selected for the conference program.
If the submitting author may be out of email range between October 9 and October 24, 2019, please designate a colleague to receive the status email and provide that person’s email address on the proposal form accordingly. Invitations that are not responded to with all required information by October 24 will be automatically retracted and the slot will be offered to another on a waiting list. No exceptions.
Please be prepared to select a primary and secondary track:
Addressing the Social Determinants of Health
Non-Communicable & Communicable Diseases
Planetary Health, One Health, Environmental Health, Climate Change and Pollution
Politics, Law, Corruption, Human Rights, Governance, Diplomacy, Strengthening Public Institutions
Strengthening Health Systems, Public Health, Primary and Surgical Care
Translation and Implementation Science, High Impact Development Initiatives, Bridging Research to Policy, Reforming Academia
- One (1) proposal per person. All proposals are reviewed, and selections made, by the scientific planning committee.
- While proposal authors/submitters must be CUGH members, membership is not required of the proposed speakers, moderators, facilitators.
- Submittants are encouraged to propose panels with diversity in their speaker lists (representation of gender, geography, institutions, disciplines, etc.)
- All symposia accepted for inclusion in the agenda will be assigned time slots. Each slot is 90 minutes (includes time for audience Q&A).
- Panel developers are responsible for ensuring that panel speakers and moderators are able to fund their costs for registration, travel and accommodation.
Click here to Submit a Proposal
Click here to download the list of required fields to Submit a Proposal.
- Proposals are vetted by a review panel of 50+ members. Each proposal is reviewed by a minimum of 4 reviewers.
- CUGH2020 Executive Program Committee determines the final selection, taking into consideration strong diversity of speakers within the individual panels, and in the agenda overall (discipline, geography, gender, institutional representation, etc.).
Click here to Submit a Proposal