The Consortium of Universities for Global Health acknowledges the accomplishments and commitment of outstanding individuals who contribute to the advancement of global health worldwide. CUGH has three awards that are presented at its annual Global Health Conference.
- CUGH Distinguished Leadership Award
- CUGH Hall-Sewankambo Mid-Career Leadership Award
- CUGH/Wasserheit Young Leader Award
CUGH’s 6th Annual Video Competition in partnership wtih the Pulitzer Center showcased important global health health issues and innovations in 2 categories:
• Stop Cervical Cancer Before It Starts!
- The ASHA: Manju’s Story
- The Safe Delivery App In Use in Ethiopia
- Zindagi Mehfooz (Safe Life) Digital Immunization Registry Video
Reflection is a powerful tool in global health education and practice. All current undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate trainees as well as GH practitioners were invited to submit essays to reflect upon the meaning and lessons learned from global health experiences.
• Trainees from LMIC/English Not Primary Language
Ashwini Raju | Emotions Through My Veins
Clara Schriemer | On Toughness and Apathy
• Shradha Chhabria | Decolonizing Global Health
• Vatsla Sharma | Defining Poverty: From India to South American Via USA
• William E. Rosa | A Tuesday in East Africa
• Renata Wettermann | Life, Death, and Representation: Learning to Understand the Importance of Imagery in Global Health through the Haitian EarthquakeTHE LANCET GLOBAL HEALTH – CUGH
The Lancet/CUGH recognized seven 7 student poster presentations as the best in its track. Each winner received $500 to support their work in global health.
A Survey of Reproductive Health Care Services Offered at Refugee Resettlement Agencies in the United States Neelima Panth, Duke University
• Human Resources, Health Systems, Strengthening Public Institutions, Global Health Economics | FRI_004 (hrhs)
The Global Cohort of Doctoral Students: A partnership to build global health research capacity. Hari Iyer, Harvard Uiversity
• Non-Communicable Diseases & Communicable Diseases | FRI_007 (ncid) Evaluating HIV 90-90-90 Targets For Individuals Undergoing Drug-Resistant Tuberculosis Treatment in South Africa. Omeid Heidari, Johns Hopkins University
• Planetary Health, One Health, Environmental Health, Climate Change | FRI_009 (pla) |
Toxic Sites Vulnerable to Climate-mediated Flooding in Bangladesh, James Stewart, Arnhold Global Health Institute at Mount Sinai
• Social Determinants of Health | FRI_012 (sdh) High Prevalence of Intimate Partner Violence is Associated with Disclosure of HIV Status and Delayed ART Initiation Amongst Women Living with HIV in Durban, South Africa, Sheila. Ojeaburu, University of Washington
• Translation and Implementation Science | FRI_013 (tra) The Impact of Heathcare Directed Ridesharing Applications on Reducing Transportation Barriers for Refugee Women, Simone Vais, Boston University
•What Works/Doesn’t Work: Examples of High Impact Developmental/Global Health/Environmental Programs | FRI_015 (wdw) Exploring the Feasibility and Sustainability of Reusable Menstrual Hygiene Products and Pilot Education Programs for Menstrual Hygiene Management in a Remote Himalayan Community in India, Frances Clayton, University of British Columbia
FOR GLOBAL HEALTH EXCELLENCE
The Velji Family Foundation annually celebrates global health education, research and service by honoring individuals and projects that demonstrate committed, creative approaches to serving underservped populations.
- Velji Student Leader in Global Health
- Velji Faculty Leader in Global Health Innovation
- Velji Global Health Education
- Velji Young African Leader
• Marie Thoma, University of Maryland, USA | Infertility Care in Low- and Middle-Income Countries
• Shubha Nagesh, The Latika Roy Foundation, India | Developmental Disabilities in The Himalayan State of India
• Clarissa Prazeres da Costa, Technical University of Munich, Germany | Female Genital Schistosomiasis in Gabon
• Amanda Garces, Schreiner University, USA | Corruption in the Distribution of International Aid in Guatemala
• Cody McDonald, University of Washington, USA | Access to Orthoses, The Little Known Brother to Prostheses in Peru
• Cecily Sakrison, University of Utah Water Center / US-Pakistan Center for Advanced Studies in Water | Alternative Methods to Decontaminate Well Water in Pakistan