CUGH is happy to announce that 10 abstract presenters from Low Income, or Lower-Middle Income Countries (LLMIC) will be presented with a LLMIC Travel Scholarship for the 2020 CUGH Conference.
- 1 waived registration for the CUGH 2020 Conference in Washington, DC, in April 2020.
- Up to 4 complimentary nights at the 2020 conference site, Washington, DC, during the conference period.
- $500 to support the presenter’s travel cost.
To Qualify for Consideration, One Must
- By September 15, 2019, submit an abstract for oral or poster Presentation where s/he is listed as the lead presenter.
- On the Abstract Submission Form, “Opt in” for consideration for the LLMIC Bursary.
- Be a citizen of a low income country (LIC) or lower-middle income country (LMIC) who was working and living in a LIC/LMIC, as of December 18, 2019.
CUGH uses the World Bank definition of LIC and LMIC:
- See the LIC list at
- See the LMIC list at
10 bursary packages will be offered to the top 10 scoring Abstracts that:
– were selected for presentation, and where
– the lead presenter is a citizen of a LLMIC and is currently working and living in a LLMIC
Transfer of Bursary Benefits
- Waived registration: Scholars will receive a link for waived registration so long as their availability to present is confirmed by
November 21, 2019. The registration waiver is not transferable to any other party. Presenter substitutions are not accepted.
- 4 complimentary room nights: Hotel reservations will be made at the conference hotel site (Washington Hilton Hotel) by Conference Organizers on behalf of the Bursary Recipient
- 500 travel support fund: A check made out to the name of the Recipient will be provided at the conference site.
Submit an Abstract
Click here to submit an abstract for consideration.